C and I just got back from language IST (In Service Training) a few days ago, and we're pretty jazzed about it. The more I learn about Georgian the more frustrated and amazed I am by it. The structure is both puzzling and really interesting at the same time. The PC language people are doing a great job at teaching a language that really is very, very, very different than English.
When I first got to Georgia, it seemed like it wouldn't be that hard to pick it up - but that changed, pretty quickly, to desperate hope that I would be able to find restrooms and order foods that were edible. On that count, I am good to go!
We had a really good training and learned a ton of new grammar and vocabulary points. I was really impressed by the quality of the training and the materials - uniformly excellent.
I had another LPI (language proficiency interview), mainly to see how I've changed since training. It did not go very well, but I know that my language has gotten much more fluent, even if it has not necessarily increased. I'll find out in a few days what my language level is - depending on how embarrassing it is, I'll post my new level. Some of our colleagues have gotten amazingly good in their Georgian - it's quite impressive.
Apple, thank you for the mac and cheese packets! I made it at the office yesterday, and had a difficult time explaining why the cheese was yellow/orange. Cheddar is a unknown flavor here, so some of them really didn't enjoy it. C and I made casadillas (I can't spell anymore, sorry...) out of one of the cheddar blocks, and the host fam wanted nothing to do with this strange-smelling yellow stuff....
Wednesday, December 12, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Ah, well, that just leaves more cheese for you and C to enjoy!
I'm with Mom -- their loss... :-)
Post a Comment