Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Go Shorty, It's [was] Your Birfday

To the one person reading this who got the joke, no, we did not sip on Bacardi. And we did give a [blank], even though it was a birfday.

But I digress....

C is officially 24, and no longer qualifies to be included in the "Child Bride Olympics." She really had a chance in competitive shot put, but you have to focus your energy on one project at a time, and the PC seemed like a better use of her skills. We had a lovely supra for her birthday - our sitemates arrived, Shorena, our Georigian tutor, and Atchi, her son.

Atchi is the reason people become parents. "Gee, my child COULD be that cute..." However, in the immortal words of Josh, "My kids will probably smell funny and be cross-eyed." It's the risk you run. Anywho... The supra was awesome, as Inga outdid herself and made some really awesome lobiani, and some very good potatoes and chicken.

I made brownies, and managed to find Bailey's ice cream, a near miracle, to complement it. I was proud of my purchasing abilities. You should be as well. The host fam broke out the red wine to complement the meal, and it was quite good, with Jason acting as tameda and impressing everyone with his ability to use the future tense, an act in Georgian that is roughly the same as performing open heart surgery while blindfolded.

To really cap off the day, our packages arrived from Tbilisi - I can't even describe it all - I'm still basking in the glow of a combined Christmas/New Years/Birthday/Festivus level of "oh my gosh look what else is in the box this is the greatest look they have cheese ooooooo taco seasoning" general overstimulation. Mom, Dad, Nathan, Corrie, and all of the Phillips' - thank you so very, very, very much. It means a great deal to us, and we both felt very loved by you all. Nathan/Corrie, this has totally cemented awesome presents for Silas for the next 10 years. Again, thank you all. I'm very much looking forward to cooking with all of my spices - Apple, we had a 'show and smell' session around our kitchen table that was greatly enjoyed - and I managed to get Skype working with the headset and video camera that came from the Phillips'.

I'll usually be on Skype around 9 - 10am my time, which is 9 - 10pm west coast, if you'd like to chat. Thanks again!

I'm off to go enjoy sniffing the curry powder. Slowly. It burns a bit if you go to deep, fyi.

2 comments:

Barbara said...

I'm sorry that I missed C's birthday celebration; it sounds like it was great fun, all except that future-tense-in-Georgian thing. And, what's "lubiani"?
PS I even got the joke. No, really.

Nathan Garrett said...

Ah, I'm glad you got the packages... :-)