Friday, July 13, 2007

The First Pictures!

Here are our first sets of pictures from Georgia!

This is the view of Tbilisi (Georgia's capital city) on the morning we arrived:



This is in Tabakhmela, where we had orientation. I had to climb halfway down that roof to get my socks that I had been drying on the balcony and had been blown away by the wind (I was terrified--the roof was made of aluminum or something that definitely didn't feel strong, and Dan & Brenden just watched from the balcony):



This is picture #1 from our bedroom here in Gori--as you can see, it's beautiful:


And here's another picture of the bedroom:


Here is the hallway entrance to the Stalin Museum in Gori:


The Stalin death mask at the Stalin Museum; it's in its own room with walls covered in red velvet:


This is a picture of the remains of the Gori fortress we hiked up to our first weekend in Gori:


3 comments:

Joanna Funke said...

WOW these are amazing pictures! What great views. And a really cute bedroom. And even with all your hard work you get to see lots of cool things.
Miss you :)

Nathan Garrett said...

Cool pictures guys, thanks for posting.

Barbara said...

Hi, Those were wonderful photos! Thank you! Your bedroom looks NOTHING like I had imagined.... I can't wait to see Georgis myself; it looks beautiful.
Love you both,
Barbara