My friends, it is with a very happy heart that I announce the return of running water to the Kimeridze household. I never, ever, thought I would actually be yelling in happiness when water came out of a tap, but there is a time for everything.
It came back yesterday afternoon, and wow, it's awesome. We went without for a little over 2 months. I was actually getting used to not having water; you sort of acclimatize slowly. Now that it's back, I can actually wash my hands. That's WAY more exciting than you would think. Sure, the water is frigid (I washed dishes - delicious! - and my hands went numb, but it was SOOOOO worth it), but it actually comes out without needing one hand to hold the pitcher. Washing both hands, at the same time, is way cooler than most give it credit for. In the long run, 2 months without running water really isn't all that much - we carried a lot of water, and I suppose it was good for me - but it's really nice to have it back.
Being fair, it does ruin a good bit of our
This winter was awful. On the upside, it has proved that C and I can make it through the worst Georgian winter in 20 years, with no central heating, no water, and a fickle electrical supply. The experience certainly made us tougher. And, it does give us a lot of confidence about going to schools in colder regions of the states. Perhaps soon I can take down the plastic sheet we nailed and taped to our door to keep the drafts out - I'll keep you all updated.
Monday, March 3, 2008
Water. Sweet, sweet water.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
What doesn't kill you makes you stronger. I'm sure I would have died if I were in your place. Congratulations!
Yeah!!! Hygiene, running water, and the comforts of our First-World lives are severely under-appreciated. I would have thrown in the towel ages ago, were I in your shoes. We're awfully proud of you two.
Mom
Wow -- we give serious respect to you & Carissa for sticking it out.
Well, that sounds like street cred to me!
Post a Comment