Point: Counter-Point
Winter, I think we need to start seeing other seasons.
Brenden Phillips-Garrett, PCV, Akhaltsikhe
We’ve had some good times. I remember, fondly, sledding and that one time you really made an effort to beautify the city. You did a great job, and I told you that. And then you took it a little too far. You always seem to do that thing where you take a great thing and just keep going with it until you’ve sucked the life out of it. Which takes me to the point of this letter: I think it’s time we started seeing other seasons. Specifically, and I know you knew this was coming, I’ve started seeing Spring.
You were out drinking, again, and I know that you came back to find her in Akhaltsikhe, and you flipped out. I was a little scared – you can be pretty violent when you’ve been drinking. But I know that being with Spring is the right decision for me, now. I’m sorry if that hurts you, but I feel it’s the right decision for me. I’m supported and encouraged by Spring. There’s no fear of her killing me if I don’t have proper clothing. She actually wants me to be outside, not huddled indoors and hiding from her. Yes, I actually did hide from you at several points in our relationship. You were being violent again, and I went to the kitchen to hide. Often for hours, but you knew that. You always knew.
In the end, we had some good times. But now, frankly, I’m not going to take your abuse any longer. I’m with Spring, and you can’t change that. I’m a stronger, better person than I was when we started our relationship. But I’m not going to take this any more. I’m through with you.
Brenden, I will own you in 9 months.
Winter
You talk big now. “I’m with Spring.” Whatever. That skinny little witch isn’t good enough for you. Look at how I beat on her last weekend. And sure, you’re happy now. But guess what?
I’m back in 9 months. I know your cycle. You’ll break Spring’s heart, find Summer thrilling, and then go to a down cycle with Autumn. And then you’re right back to me. I know it. You know it. Why deny it?
You’re the kind of person that needs a challenge. I’m the season that’ll challenge you. And you know, deep in your heart, that I only did those things because I love you. You hid, and that made me angry – it’s your own fault that things went badly. If you wouldn’t make me mad, I wouldn’t hurt you. It’s a simple equation. Next time, and there will be a next time, you shouldn’t make bad choices.
I’ll maybe forgive you for running to Spring like she’s going to save you. You can think that now. But 4 months from now, I know you’re going to be saying that it’s too hot. Or too boring. Really, I’m the season for you. And I’ll be back. I’ll be waiting for you.
4 comments:
Relationships; oh, how you can get kicked when you're down... Sorry buddy, but you've simply got to hang in there and be tough with her. She's just trash-talking 'cause she's hurt.
I know you're a little out of the area, but counseling would be a good option as well. I'm sure that Earl would be happy to act as a mediator, hopefully salving some of the wounds that have occurred over the past months. Just remember to hang in there, we'll be praying for you both!
That's hysterical, honey! I love you & miss you. What's this I hear about the making peanut butter?
Love,
Carissa
That was laugh-out-loud funny!
And, might I suggest that Carissa needs to take you on another vacation? :c)
Post a Comment