Gentlepeople, we are proud to announce we have created the grilled cheese sandwich in Georgia. Life is indeed complete, and we are living in Posh Corps. Carissa purchased a 20 lari george foreman knock-off grill, and we have had a good time...
I managed to find processed cheese slices, and hoooooooo boy, grilled cheese is nice. I like to think of it as American khatchapuri. which is just like georgian khatchapuri, without the extra 6 pounds of salt.
I also made mac and cheese, to really emphasize the whole 'we are americans, we enjoy our own wierd yellow cheese' thing to the host fam. I'm pretty sure that Inga gets a little insulted every time we make food, which is a bit of a damper, but it was still good none-the-less.
We had planned on walking to Sapara (about a 22 kilometer walk, roundtrip) but it rained like crazy yesterday. Bummer! April 9 is a holiday in Georgia, (memorial day) for April 9, 1989, when Gorbachev crushed a bunch of protesters with Russian riot police in Tbilisi. According to my host dad, 21 people died, and host mom claimed that poison gas was used. Ouch. so, we had the day off, and ended up making sandwiches to compensate.
This weekend: We make mozzarella. That's right, we're expanding to making our own cheese. Updates and photos to come!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Mmmmm, cheese. My mouth is watering, and I live here!
oOOOooo grilled cheese... the last email from Carissa noted that you had the "opportunity" to make it... I'm glad to hear you have!
Post a Comment