Now that I am in Akhaltsikhe, I feel as though perhaps we didn't really show you Gori when we lived there. So this post is devoted to Gori that we lived in for 10 weeks and called home. The first picture is of the top of the Stalin Museum--it's really a beautiful building. The second picture is of Stalin Park in the early evening (you can see the flag in the distance), and the 3rd picture is Stalin Park at night. As you can see, it is a popular excursion at night in Gori. The 4th photo is of the Stalin statue (just down the road from the Stalin Museum & Park, on--what else?--Stalinis Avenue). The building behind the statue is the government building. Finally, the last picture is of the bridge by the new park; we lived in Kombinati, which is everything on the far side of the bridge (we were about a 10 minute walk from the bridge). I hope this gives you a better flavor of the city we lived in. :)
I was glad to hear that you guys are now in your permanent location, and that you were able to get a car to move you there. I hope you have a good break before going to the camp-thing that I heard you're teaching at.
3 comments:
Nice pictures, thanks for posting them.
I was glad to hear that you guys are now in your permanent location, and that you were able to get a car to move you there. I hope you have a good break before going to the camp-thing that I heard you're teaching at.
Thanks for the photos! They're really beautiful. :)
thank you for the photos! Gori is my home town and I'm looking forward to going back in Georgia in June :)
thank you..!
Post a Comment