Thursday, June 12, 2008

Xanga

I had a chance to read up on the Xanga page today, and wow, things are going on in the family back home... most of the photos couldn't load, but I did get to see some great pics of the nephew and niece. They're adorable! Makes me wish I was home again...

So, it's been raining here for the last 3 days, and it's getting old. We're close to summer, but for whatever reason, it's been alternating between hot and miserable and rainy and miserable. Personally, I tend to lean towards preferring rainy and miserable, but the weather is always better some other way.

Supposedly, Akh is getting a new power company, and as a result, they've been changing the power lines. Great! Well, not so much. They haven't gotten to our block yet, but we expect them to cut the power to our house for about 10 days. Now, that doesn't seem SOO bad, but it's also really poor timing - right before C and I go on vacation. It means that we can't do laundry - our agitator (not washer, mind you!) runs on electricity, and handwashing is a total PITA. We're not looking forward to it. Plus, I get my hot water for shaving from an electric kettle, so shaving is cold-water-only... and that water is COLD.

Plus, our stove is electric, so cooking is going to be an issue. All of these things that sort of just stack up, the longer you go without power. Electicity is nice. Really, really, really nice.

And, in sum, i'm sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ready to go on vacation.

3 comments:

Barbara said...

Man, you want it all, don't you; hot water, electricity AND the internet! Geesch...

Brenden said...

I only want about 1/4 liters of hot water a day... that's not so much to ask...

Rachel said...

I wondered why I hadn't been seeing you guys on Xanga for a while...