Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Well, THAT happened. Again.

So, I went outside today to go to work, and I noticed something odd. I had left my boots on our porch, because they had gotten muddy (never forget that life is always best when there's both mud and ice), and I noticed that there was only one boot. Hmmm, I thought. One boot. I have two feet. Hence, there is a problem! [Notice my clever use of deductive reasoning]

So, I ask Merab if he moved a single boot somewhere, and he sort of scurried around looking for it downstairs, and then he looks outside the gate. He came back holding a black insole. Of course, MY boots have a white insole in them, thanks to the wonders of Dr. Scholls. So I tell him, no, that can't be from my boot. Then he shows me where it says, "Coleman" on it. "[bleep]," I say.

So, we walk outside of the gate, and I discover the shredded remains of my white Dr. Scholl's insoles. "[bleep]," I am forced to say again. Eventually, he ran down the street about 100 meters and discovered my boot in a snowbank, where the dog had left it. The good news is that the boot has been battle-proven, and can withstand the ravages of a wild dog. The bad news is that Dr. Scholls, however, is not dog-tested and kid approved.

So, there's some bite marks on the inside of the shoe, some frozen slobber (gross!), and a detached insole, but all in all, good to go. I can't even express how happy I was to get it back... and it's still whole, which is even better. Now one of my boots has insoles, and one doesn't, but I can use it as an experiment to see, really, how good dr. scholls actually are. It's for science!

As a result, there's a new rule in the Kimeridze household: Leave all of the delicious shoes inside the house.

2 comments:

Nathan Garrett said...

Bummer.... There are some times where language are warrented, finding a dog has schredded your insoles is probably one of them. I'm just glad that your boots made it out ok.

Barbara said...

Oh, I'm sorry about the boots, but really, it was a very funny story!